Its rainy days again and diseases are all over . I know Swine Flu or A(H1N1) is the more popular disease today. But let’s not forget a far-more deadlier disease – the Dengue, a disease spread by mosquitoes. To be specific, the “Aedes Aegypti“, its a day-biting mosquito characterized by white marking on the legs and body.
Below is an easy to follow tips in Dengue Prevention that was forwarded to me by a colleague of mine thru email. Hoping that by placing it on my site, I can save someone or some people from having dengue.
Easy to follow tips in Dengue Prevention
This information may save thousands of lives from the cruel fate of dengue.
FIGHTING DENGUE MUST START AT EVERY HOME.
Mosquito trap (Dengue prevention)
Its just a mix of water, brown sugar and yeast.
1. Cut a plastic bottle in half, keep both parts. Can be softdrink bottle.
2. Take the lower portion of the bottle. Dissolve the brown sugar in hot water. Let it cool down to ~70 degF.
3. Add the yeast. Carbon dioxide will form (This will attract the mosquitos)
4. Cover the bottle with a dark wrap and insert in the top portion upside down like a funnel. Place it in a corner in your house.
5. In 2 weeks you will be surprised by the number of mosquito’s killed.